The decision has been made!
The winners have been chosen.
Come to Opening Ceremonies Friday, Nov. 12 at 7:00 p.m. to find out who won.
The top story is also in your Program Book.
Our judges this year were Roland Green, Elizabeth Anne Hull and Jody Lynn Nye.
2010 WRITERS CONTEST RULES
A note from the contest coordinator:
Since 1986, Illinois Science Fiction in Chicago (ISFiC), WindyCon’s parent organization, has sponsored a contest for unpublished writers of science fiction and fantasy. This year’s winning story will be printed in the WindyCon 37 program book. A list of past winners is available on this web site; WindyCon has its own site.
- WindyCon 37 Membership
- Double Room for WindyCon 37
Honorable Mentions (2):
- American one-ounce Silver Coin
- Each entrant must have attended WindyCon 36 or be a resident of Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan, or Wisconsin.
- The submission must be a science fiction or fantasy short story of no more than 7500 words.
- The entrant must not have been paid for any previously published or accepted work of fiction by any source.
- Entries must be typed and double-spaced. Please number the pages. Each entry must have a cover page with the title of the work; the author’s name, address, and phone number; and the approximate word count. Please be sure that your name appears only on the cover page. Since most entries are from WindyCon attendees, this reduces the chance that a writer’s name will be recognized and perhaps accrue an unfair advantage.
- Electronic copies following the format listed above are also required on 3½-inch floppy disk, CD or email to email@example.com. IBM or Mac format is fine, but the file must be saved in RTF for it to be published in the event you are a winner.
- Entries must be accompanied by a self-addressed stamped envelope suitable for return of the manuscript or disk. Entries not accompanied by an adequately stamped SASE will not be returned.
- ISFiC reserves the right to cancel this contest for any reason prior to the awarding of prizes.
- If you have any questions, please contact the contest coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manuscripts must be received by September 1st, 2010.
SEND QUESTIONS AND ENTRIES TO:
- ISFiC Writers Contest
- c/o Marcy Lyn-Waitsman
- 2849 W. Jarvis Ave
- Chicago IL 60645
A printer-friendly version of these rules is available in three formats:
- HTML (opens in your Web browser in a separate tab or window)
- DOC (requires Microsoft® Word or Works Word Processor or OpenOffice.org Writer)
- PDF (requires Adobe® Acrobat® Reader)