ISFiC WRITERS CONTEST RULES 2011
A note from the contest coordinator:
Since 1986, Illinois Science Fiction in Chicago (ISFiC), Windycon’s parent organization, has sponsored a contest for unpublished writers of science fiction and fantasy. This year’s winning story will be printed in the Windycon 38 program book and on the ISFiC web site. A list of past winners is available on this web site; WindyCon has its own site at http://www.windycon.org.
- WindyCon 38 Membership
- Double Room for WindyCon 38
- Publication in the Windycon 38 Program Book and on the ISFiC web site
Honorable Mentions (2):
- American Silver Coin
- Each entrant must have attended Windycon 37, registered for Windycon 38, or be a resident of Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan, or Wisconsin.
- The submission must be a science fiction or fantasy short story of no more than 7500 words.
- The entrant must not have been paid for any previously published or accepted work of fiction by any source.
- Entries must be typed and double-spaced. Please number the pages. Each entry must have a cover page with the title of the work, the author’s name, address, and phone number, and the approximate word count. Please be sure that your name appears only on the cover page. Since most entries are from Windycon attendees, this reduces the chance that a writer’s name will be recognized and perhaps accrue an unfair advantage.
- Electronic copies following the format listed above are also required on CD-Rom, USB drive, or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. IBM or Mac format is fine, but the file must be provided to ISFiC in RTF format so it can be published in the event you are the winner.
- Each entry must be accompanied by a self-addressed stamped envelope suitable for return of the manuscript or disk. Entries not accompanied by an adequately stamped SASE will not be returned.
- ISFiC reserves the right to cancel this contest for any reason prior to the awarding of prizes.
Manuscripts must be received by September 1st
SEND QUESTIONS AND ENTRIES TO:
- ISFiC Writers Contest
- c/o Marcy Lyn-Waitsman
- 2849 W. Jarvis Ave
- Chicago IL 60645